9/06/2010

Eh...

Why does a day start out with such promise & hope of achieving all kinds of goals & chores and then evening gets here and you look back and can only point out all you didn't achieve? That was today.

Woke up early with Kyan, as usual. Was a little, ok a lot disappointed that my favorite scrapbook site was still down. The store & gallery are down, but at least the forum is still up. So, today was a mish-mosh of things done.

First and foremost...laundry. How are our closets & dressers so full and there is all this laundry down here?!? It's still going as we speak, and growing probably too. Lia informed me when she woke up that she broke up with her boyfriend and reassured me that the new dress we just bought for homecoming would still be used because she would either go with a group of friends or ask someone. I worked on cleaning up around the house, but everywhere I turned someone (cough...Kyan) would have something else out...all over the place.

Worked on downloading a bunch of new scrapbooking kits and cleaning out my download folder. Mike watched the race from last night - TONY WON!! Kyan finally went down for a nap around 11, and we were about to wake him up to have lunch until we heard a little voice from upstairs, "Hello?" After a quick lunch (thanks to sissy's help), we headed out to take Jaxon back to his Mom.

After we dropped Jaxon off, we stopped by Hobby Lobby in Peoria so I could buy a new album & protectors with my birthday money. It'll eventually hold Kyan's baby book. After we got home, Mike & Kyan walked around outside, swung in the swing, and enjoyed the fresh air. I, on the otherhand, continued with putting away clean clothes and keeping the washer & dryer busy. I also worked on uploaded a ton of scrapbooking layouts so I can eventually order them as prints and make....amazingly enough - ALBUMS. Worked on some editing, and listened to Kyan whine for over a good hour because he was mad they came back inside.

We tried feeding him dinner, but he's going through this phase of not eating. He'll eat a little fruit and some goldfish, but other than that - he's just not interested. He's currently chillin' in his chair watching Monsters Inc for the millionth time, but we don't care. At least it's quiet. I just saw on Facebook that my 2nd cousin Chelsea (the 1st born Mary/Wayne Shurtz grandchild - Wayne - his 1st born daughter) - is currently being induced with her 1st daughter. So exciting.

So my evening tonight will probably consist of more laundry...a little straightening up here & there after Kyan goes to bed, and kiss my husband bye as he heads off to work. Don't think I'll ever get used to him working nights. I have really enjoyed spending time with him this weekend, sleeping beside him each night. Oh well...it pays the bills.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.

No comments: