9/01/2010

New Goals & Daily Blogging

Ok, so I just looked and it's been over a month since my last post on here. Shame, shame on me. I had all good intentions of posting pictures of each day in San Diego, but then got busy with life I guess ( mainly a toddler, Mike's new hours, Lia starting high school, and scrappin')...but none the less, life. So, I'm working on getting myself more organized...hold on - the toddler is beckoning me...

Ok, he seems distracted with his toys for the time being. As I was saying, I've been working on getting myself organized. Finally got my desk cleaned off pretty well. Created photography & digi-scrappin' checklists, and cleaned out my purse. Believe me, the last one is a big accomplishment.

I've been doing SO much scrappin' this summer. I am absolutely in love with digital scrappin'. It is so much easier to manage and get stuff accomplished than feeling overwhelmed with a million supplies and no where to lay it all out. Now, all of my kits are resting comfortably on my hard drive. Between the scrappin' and photography, I'm now on 2 external hard drives. Yikes. Head on over to my scrapbooking site to check out all I'm doing. **Just won Layout of the Month at Stuff to Scrap with this layout.

Have been busy over the last couple weeks with photography shoots (a couple families & a senior photo session). Head on over to my photography site to see sneak peeks.

In terms of our family - one word...busy!!

Mike got injured at work and spent most of the summer working nights on light duty. Then last month, when the new routes were up for bidding - he decided he had gotten used to nights and chose that assignment. It's an adjustment for all of us, but hopefully we'll get into a groove and routine soon. He goes to work when we're all heading to bed and gets home after we're gone for the day. Hopefully, on good days, he can get 6 hours sleep. I think he may have gotten 7 hours today. He was able to go to a NASCAR race with his nephew Justin and his parents in July, just before our trip to California.

Lia had a great summer. She got her hair cut just after 8th grade graduation. Spent most of the summer hanging out with her boyfriend and best friends. She spent an extra week in California after we came home, and got stung by a jellyfish that week. She hung out at the fair with her friends, and prepared for the 1st day of high school. Ugh...my baby girl is in high school. :( Now, school is in full swing and she seems to be settling in okay.

Jaxon traveled A LOT this summer. He spent 2 weeks in Florida with his Grandma Wanda & Grandpa Ed (and cousins Justin & Jade), then spent the week in California with us. He LOVED the flight - said it was like a roller coaster. He learned how to ride & drive a 4-wheeler and rode a horse too. He had so much fun with my dad & stepmom. He lost his 1st tooth this summer too.

Kyan - oh baby...he's growing everyday, learning new stuff everyday. My baby boy isn't a baby anymore. He moved up from the baby room at daycare to the toddler room. He learned a bunch of words through signing which has made communicating with him much easier. He's slowly learning how to say the words, so the signing is going away. He can say "Bye, Bye", "Hi", "Night, Night", "Sissy", "Momma", "Daddy", "Bubba", "Deuce", "I Love You", "Nana", and "Kitty". He's starting to say "Down". But his most precious words are "Peas" for please, and "Mow Mow", which has 2 meanings - Mickey Mouse and What does a cat say? He lost one of his ear tubes after we got back from vacation, but has been very lucky and not too sick this summer. Thank goodness for fresh air. Needless to say we're dreading the winter months.

Other than that, we've gone to the fair, up to Chicago to visit my cousin Ryan & Kerianne, and to the Lincoln Balloon Festival. Mike and I both turned 35 this summer, and Jaxon just turned 7 yesterday. I did make one trip to Southern Illinois for a friend's brother's funeral. Got to spend some quality time with my childhood friends and stopped by the cemetery and talked to Grandma for a bit. Her 77th birthday is this month, and the one year anniversary of her death is coming up in November. I'm not sure I'm prepared for it. I still have moments when I break down and cry. I miss her terribly. We kept her Facebook page that she set up to see the kids pictures. It's now her Memorial page. A lot of us use it to talk to her. Every little bit helps us heal.

So...here I am. The 1st day of September and I just finished a pretty lengthy blog post. My goal is to post something every day this month. If I can make it through every day, maybe I can keep the goal for another month, and then maybe by then it'll be routine.

Thanks for reading...
My babies walking to the Pacific Ocean.
July, 2010

No comments: